Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten
Sandy Blanco - Resource Specialist
Family child care homes and child care centers can choose to get accredited by a child care accrediting organization. However, they have to meet higher standards than licensing rules.
The program must offer the kind of care, attention, and educational activities parents look for in high-quality child care programs.
It must offer activities and experiences that will aid in a child's growth and development, and that will help them prepare for school.
As a Resource Specialist my job is to help child care programs meet and maintain the high standards of a high quality child care program.
By offering the following assistance with but not limited to:
- Support in planning and physically arranging classroom environment.
- Assist with planning a developmental age-appropriate curriculum.
- Provide various types of training for providers.
- Provide an orientation to the Environment Rating Scale assessment
- Work together on a quality improvement plan to help child care providers self-assess their performance in delivering quality education and care, and to plan future improvements.
- Award incentive grants to purchase agreed-upon toys/materials to improve the quality of your classroom environment.
- Provide resources, referrals, subsidy assistance.
Parent Education Classes
- Provide parents with information on how to choose a child care program
- Address children’s behavioral issues
- Provide training to address children’s social and emotional development
- Provide appropriate resources, including information on referrals and subsidy assistance
- Parent Support Group meetings
- Nutrition Education classes
For more information contact Sandy Blanco Resource Specialist. (845) 294-4012 Ext. 226