Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten
When you are seeking comprehensive quality improvement that goes beyond the basics, we encourage you to take advantage of the in-depth, Intensive Technical Assistance available from the Child Care Council of Orange County.
We deliver goal-oriented services that will help you provide preschoolers with higher-quality care, through onsite observation and one-on-one support from a member of our trained and knowledgeable staff.
We work directly with child care center teachers and directors, and home providers and their staff, on every aspect of caring for children and running a child care or after-school business. We will:
- Help you decide how you would like to strengthen or enhance your program
- Assist in planning and arranging environments, implementing a curriculum, introducing new activities, managing children’s behaviors, and more
- Inform you of best practices for the care and teaching of infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school-age children
- Coach and mentor you and your staff
Beyond the basic regulations established by the New York State Office for Children and Family Services, accreditation by a national organization requires child care providers to meet higher standards. The Child Care Council of Orange encourages all programs to pursue accreditation as one method of improving care.
The following organizations offer accreditation and certification based on national quality standards:
- The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC)
- New York State Network for Youth Success
Quality Rating and Improvement Systems
QUALITYstarsNY is New York’s Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) for early childhood programs, providing support and resources to improve and sustain high quality across New York State. QUALITYstarsNY believes that all early childhood educators are committed to the young children they work with and are always intrinsically motivated to improve their practice. QUALITYstarsNY exists because they believe that early childhood educators across the state deserve the support to engage in continuous quality improvement.
For more information contact Sandy Blanco, Preschool Resource Specialist: (845) 294-4012 Ext. 226