School-Age Child Care Programs (SACC) are registered by New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) through our Registrar Department to care for children in a facility, usually a school.
• SACC Programs provide care for children 5-12 years old (school-age).
• SACC Programs offer child care when school is not in session (before/after school, school breaks, vacation days and holidays).
• SACC Programs operate during the school calendar year (usually not available during the summer).
• An indicator of quality child care would be to have a smaller adult to child ratio than required by the state.
• SACC Programs may be accredited through After School Works New York.