" /> Help Paying for Child Care | Child Care Referrals | Child Care Council of Orange County Inc.

Help Paying for Child Care

Child Care Subsidy Information:
Families with incomes at or below certain income quidelines may qualify for subsidy through the Dept of Social Service (DSS). Call (845) 615-5452 for an application.

A Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP) is a flexible spending account that your employer may offer to help you pay for your child care expenses. Under a DCAP plan, you can set aside up to $5,000 of your annual income to help cover the cost of child care. The chosen amount is deducted each pay period and given back to you in the form of a tax-free return for child care expenses.

Earned Income Tax Credit is a federal and state tax credit/benefit available to low or moderate income families.

Other Options: Providers/programs may offer multi-child discounts, sliding fee scales and scholarships based on family income.